4 tips to consolidate your technology
As a business professional in 2020, you understand the power of technology and the correlation it has with your daily efficiency. For many small to medium-sized businesses, this efficiency is critical to their success. This is why taking some time to review and consolidate your technology can continue to be beneficial. Here’s how to get started:
- Make a list of all the tools that you use.
- Think about collaboration tools: Microsoft Sharepoint, GSuite
- Think about department-specific tools: QuickBooks, Dropbox, DocuSign
- Think about marketing tools: WordPress, HubSpot
- Think about project management tools: Asana, Monday.com, Calendly
- Research the functionality of each tool
- Many tools have multiple functions.
- Next to each tool research and list all of the feature that the tool offers
- Compare the list to see if there are any overlapping features
- Large collaboration tools (i.e. Microsoft SharePoint/GSuite) often have features users do not know about
- Example: Microsoft 365 has a scheduling tool similar to Calendly
- Talk to your staff
- Understand what functions they use regularly
- Discuss this PRIOR to ending any contracts/plans